The weight guide above is a good starting point to determining which blanket weight is best for you based on your body weight. However, in our experience, we have found that the weight selection ultimately comes down to personal preference, with many customers in the lighter body weight range loving the heavier blanket and vice versa.
Our most popular weight is 7kg with most customers finding this weight delivers the calming benefits of Deep Touch Pressure Therapy whilst not being unmanageable or uncomfortable.
Note: the 7kg & the 9kg blankets have the same measurements, 200cm L x 140cm W and are designed to be used individually. See below for approximate size on a Queen Size bed
Although it is difficult to determine which weight is right for you online, you can assess your personal preference for weight with the following tips:
You may prefer the 7kg blanket if:
- You love the idea of a comforting weight over you, but not a super heavy weight
- You get very hot at night
- You are a side sleeper
- You are buying for a child approximately 7 years or older that will grow into the blanket's weight by getting more weight over their body as they grow
- You have any joint sensitivities
You may prefer the 9kg blanket if:
- You love the idea of being under heavy blankets
- You plan to use your blanket draped over your shoulders while sitting. Use around the shoulders is very effective for de-stressing the nervous system, for use during meditation, and other generally relaxing benefits
- You are buying for someone with special needs or who is hyposensitive or hypersensitive