Groundd Weighted Blanket
100% Bamboo Lyocell. Recommended for extra comfort & easy washing- Save 50% when purchased here together.
Select Cover Colour: Midnight
Select Cover Colour: Forest Green
Select Cover Colour: Midnight
Select Cover Colour: Forest Green
Est. Dispatch by 5 May 23
Experience the benefits of sleeping with weight.
- Groundd Blankets are filled with thousands of tiny glass beads that apply a comforting, heavy pressure over the body.
- The weight stimulates the body's parasympathetic nervous system, switching from "fight or flight" mode to "rest and digest".
- This relaxing sensation is called Deep Touch Pressure Therapy and has extensive research behind its medically proven effects for sleep, anxiety, stress and more. Learn more about peer-reviewed reserch here.
- Groundd's breathable materials & thermo-regulating design work to maintain an optimal body temperature throughout the night, essential for longer, uninterrupted sleep cycles.
- The innovative design of using glass beads to provide a heavy weight without excessive warmth that traps body heat, allowing for year round use.
- Sustainability is at the core of our design, materials, and processes
- OEKO-TEX® 100 Certified for harmful checmical free
- Groundd blanket cover is made of 100% Bamboo Lyocell, one of the lowest impact fibres on the planet, the result is a purely organic, non-toxic fabric that is not only environmentally kind but also ideal for sleeping against
- Plastic-free and reusable packaging
What is the best weight & size for me?
Selecting the weight
Choose a weight that is roughly 10% of your body weight- (for example, body weights from 50kg - 80kg can choose a 7kg blanket, body weights over 80kg can choose 9kg+). However it comes down to personal preference and we are happy to swap weights for you if you wish to exchange for a heavier/lighter blanket. Check out our reviews to see feedback from Groundd customers.
About our sizing
To get the most benefits from sleeping with weight, weighted blankets are designed to be concentrated over your body, rather than your bed. So, we recommend using 1 blanket per person and to select the best size for your sleeping needs rather than for your bed size.
Rest assured, all Groundd Sleep products come with a 30 night trial + easy returns and exchanges
How warm is it?
Weight ≠ Warmth
Typical duvet inners, such as feathers, are designed to insulate the body. This is all good in winter, or if you are a cold sleeper, however, most of us need to let some excess heat escape throughout the night in order to maintain a comfortable, consistent temperature.
Groundd blankets are weighted with tiny glass beads that are specifically designed not to trap body heat. Glass does not retain body heat, making it an ideal choice for a heavy, yet cool, blanket that is comfortable for year-round use.
So how warm is a Groundd weighted blanket? The amount of warmth provided from Groundd blankets is simply the breathable 100% cotton blanket shellplus the ultra-light Bamboo cover- similiar to 2 layers of breathable, quality sheeting.
Groundd Weighted Blankets are made for year-round use and comfort. We use breathable, natural materials that regulate body temperature, this means that most people find it cosy and suitable year-round.
Do I use a duvet as well?
Weighted blankets are used exactly like a duvet and most of the time, just replace your duvet. If you want more warmth than the blanket offers, you can use a regular duvet on top of your weighted blanket. We reccomend putting the weighted blanket as the closest layer to your body, like a cocoon, and other layers on top.
Why use a cover with my blanket?
Why we reccomend using our Bamboo Lyocell Covers
- Protect your blanket
- Easy to care for - Machine washable and dryer friendly
- Custom size made for Groundd Blankets - traditional duvet covers sizes will not fit a weighted blanket
- Soft & Breathable fabric- temperature regulating and ideal for sleeping against
- 50% Discount: When you purchase a cover and a blanket together you save 50% of the cost of buying the cover separately.
Bamboo Lyocell Highlights
- Perfect for hot sleepers- Bamboo Lyocell regulates body temperature, instead of trapping body heat, allowing you to stay the right temperature all night long
- Silky smooth and softer with every wash- easy washing and care
- 100% renewable plant-based fibre that is fully biodegradable and compostable
- Environmentally responsible, closed loop production process which efficiently reuses water and solvents used
- 95% less water than cotton to make
- One of the lowest impact fibres on the planet
- Hypoallergenic, odour-resistant, moisture-wicking, resistant to dust mites
How do I put the cover on?
Groundd Bamboo Covers With a Full Length Side Zipper
This cover has a full side opening with a zipper, this allows for easy access to the interior of the cover where there are 8 ties around the edge that attach to corresponding loops on the weighted blanket.
Note: Newer styles have a zipper across the front of the cover, a video for this style is coming soon.
What are the benefits of Weighted Blankets?
Check out our Benefits Page here for comprehensive details and peer-reviewed research on the benefits.
Weighted blankets are best known for their ability to lower stress and anxiety and increase sleep quality, but they are also effective in many other areas.
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Eases insomnia and brings better sleep
- Alleviates symptoms of Autism in children and adults
- Pain relief
- Helps maintain consistent body temperature through the night, fighting night sweats and and hot flashes
- Helps with Restless Leg Syndrome
- Reduces nighttime movement
- Helps with PTSD
- Promotes focus and attention in ADHD
- Improves mood
- Fights fibromyalgia
Rest assured when you shop with Groundd:
- We are a NZ family business, based in NZ
- We prioritise excellent, efficient customer service- we are here and happy to help! When you need extra support, or just want to chat about your sleep, you can reach us - the founders - directly via email, phone, text, or social media
- We work to continually improve our desgins and range based directly on customer feedback
- We are invovled and give back to our community- here are just some of the organisations we work with:
- Autism NZ
- Starship Hospital
- Auckland School Nurses Association
- The Mitey Drive
- Youth in Transition
- Women's Refuge
- NZ Therapists
What are the material details and care instructions?
Inner fabric & fill
What is the Return Policy & shipping details?
If you do not love your Groundd Blanket, we offer a money back guarantee within 30 nights from when you received your blanket when returned in as new, unwashed condition. Cost of shipping return is not covered by Groundd. Full details and instructions for our Return Policy are here.
Please allow 1-2 working days for us to process & dispatch your order. Estimated delivery times commence from date of dispatch and are guidelines only that are subject to local CourierPost delivery. Check CourierPost for up to date info on deliveries. Full details in our FAQs here.
2 Year Warranty
We proudly offer a 2 year warranty on any faults. If our product does not function as intended during normal use, we’ll do what it takes to make it right, within 730 days of your purchase.
Take a tour of our Groundd Weighted Blanket
Groundd is ranked #1 in NZ by expert independent reviewer bestmattressforyou.com
"Weighted Blankets NZ –Your Best Option
+ Overview Of The Rest"
Groundd is rated The Best Option for weighted blankets in NZ according to the independent 3rd party NZ bedding expert!